More and more, the figure of e-patient like person informed and trained on its state of health, will be a more habitual fact in our surroundings. This situation forces to the elaboration of some norms that help e-patients “to as much frame the perimeter of action so that he is positive and beneficial, for them as for the welfare equipment that takes care of it. Next I exhibit my proposal to you to improve the surroundings, the access and the interpretation of the information on the part of e-patients:
“10 keys to consider on the part of e-patient”
- 1. - To coherently select the source from which information is obtained.
- 2. - To avoid the “personalization” of each one of the aspects that are described in the information: symptoms, side effects,…
- 3. - “Not to self-diagnose” from some certain symptoms and “not to assume” the worse clinical scene from the obtained data.
- 4. - “Not to self-dose” from some interpreted and associated symptoms subjectively “to a certain disease”.
- 5. -“Not to self-dose” still knowing a previous diagnosis elaborated by a doctor.
- 6. -“Not to self-assume” the evolution of the disease of mimetic form to other e-patients with whom we connected through the network.
- 7. -To share experiences with other patients through the social networks, looking for interconnections of mutual aid, understanding and support.
- 8. - To know and to deepen in aspects of improvement of the quality of life and the morbidity and mortality of the disease that is suffered.
- 9. -To share “the restlessness derived from the data obtained” with the welfare equipment, they will orient to him.
- -To inform to the sanitary professionals who take care of it of their interest and its immersion in the network to look for information. They will be able to orient to him and they will help him to discriminate the good one of the bad information.